Daily tests: day 27

I have been very busy with the Desktop Summit recently, so I haven not really had that much time to write anything interesting lately and this is also why I missed the reading yesterday, in my hurry to get in for my volunteering shift. Because I keep getting consistent readings, I added about 0.5-0.6 ml of ammonia, to keep the bacteria going until today. This morning’s test results were:

  • ammonia: 0 ppm
  • nitrite: 0 ppm

So currently, the bacteria are processing 1 ppm ammonia and about 3 ppm nitrite. Because I read a double 0 reading this morning, I decided to increase the ammonia dose to 1.5 ppm, which should result in 4 ppm of nitrite. So, I added 0.75 ml of ammonia to the water and the resulting reading was:

  • ammonia: 1.0 – 2.0 ppm

Daily tests: day 22

This morning’s test results were:

  • ammonia: 0 ppm
  • nitrite: 1.5-2.5 ppm

Approximately 0.7 – 1.0 ppm of ammonia and approximately 0.4 – 2.7 ppm of nitrite were processed in the third 24 hours. I don’t want the nitrite to rise much higher than that, so I decided to top up ammonia back to 0.3 ppm, as I expect that in the next 24 hours, approximately 1.5 ppm on nitrite will be processed, so that should leave with with a roughly 1.5 – 2.5 ppm reading. After adding approximately 0.15 ml of ammonia, the reading was:

  • ammonia: 0.25 ppm

Daily tests: day 21

This morning’s test results were:

  • ammonia: 0 ppm
  • nitrite: 1.0 – 1.5 ppm

Approximately 0.4 ppm of ammonia and approximately 0.5 – 1.2 ppm of nitrite were processed in the second 24 hours. Taking that into account, I decided to top up ammonia back to 0.6 ppm, as I expect that in the next 24 hours, approximately 1 – 1.5 ppm on nitrite will be processed, so that should leave with with a roughly 1.5 ppm reading. After adding 0.3 ml of ammonia, the reading was:

  • ammonia: 0.7 – 1.0 ppm