This morning’s test results were:
- nitrite: 2 ppm
I had read the results off as 5 ppm again, and as I am quite impatient and I do think that high nitrites stall a cycle (and the bacteria could do with some ammonia feeding), so another 24 litre water change later, the results were:
- nitrite: 1.0 ppm
These results are in a region which I can read, so I am now going to try waiting patiently until nitrite drops to a clearly blue 0 ppm before re-dosing with 1 ml of ammonia (I don’t want to risk dosing so high that I can not read the nitrites any more).