Daily tests: day 27

I have been very busy with the Desktop Summit recently, so I haven not really had that much time to write anything interesting lately and this is also why I missed the reading yesterday, in my hurry to get in for my volunteering shift. Because I keep getting consistent readings, I added about 0.5-0.6 ml of ammonia, to keep the bacteria going until today. This morning’s test results were:

  • ammonia: 0 ppm
  • nitrite: 0 ppm

So currently, the bacteria are processing 1 ppm ammonia and about 3 ppm nitrite. Because I read a double 0 reading this morning, I decided to increase the ammonia dose to 1.5 ppm, which should result in 4 ppm of nitrite. So, I added 0.75 ml of ammonia to the water and the resulting reading was:

  • ammonia: 1.0 – 2.0 ppm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *